Hospital Central Services Blood Donor Recruitment Scholarship
“Rewarding and inspiring a new generation of Blood Donors.”
We are pleased to announce that we have made changes to the Hospital Central Services Blood Donor Recruitment Scholarship for the 2014-15 school year! It has never been easier for you to help one of your students earn Scholarship monies towards their post-secondary education. For the 2014-15 school year, by simply hosting one or more blood drives with Miller-Keystone Blood Center and achieving certain recruitment benchmarks (see below for details), a student from your school is guaranteed a Scholarship award!
The Blood Donor Recruitment Scholarship is designed to encourage and reward a high school blood donor chairperson for their efforts in stimulating interest and increasing the available blood supply within the Pennsylvania and New Jersey counties served by Miller-Keystone Blood Center, including Berks, Bucks, Carbon, Chester, Lehigh, Luzerne, Monroe, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia and Schuylkill (PA) and Hunterdon and Warren (NJ).
- Scholarships will now be awarded PER SCHOOL based on the results of the individual schools’ blood drives during the school year.
- A census number for each school is established; based on the approximate
number of eligible student donors. Scholarships will be awarded in the
amounts outlined below for the unit level achieved:
- Collected Units = 30% of the census; $300 scholarship award.
- Collected Units = 40% of the census; $400 scholarship award.
- Collected Units = 50% of the census; $500 scholarship award.
- Schools must donate a minimum of 50 units for the year to be eligible for any scholarship.
- Schools must donate a minimum of 75 units for the year to be eligible for the $500 scholarship.
- Students wishing to be considered for a Scholarship award will need to submit an application (available January 15). The award recipient will be selected from the pool of applicants within each qualifying school.
- Units do not have to come from students. Teachers, administration, parents, community members who donate at the schools drives all count.
- Fixed site donations on behalf of the school will not count for the scholarship award, but they will continue to count for an individual’s cord tracking.
For schools who may need a little extra assistance, or smaller schools who are concerned
- The cut off for drives is April. Drives held May 2014 will be counted for the 2014-15 school year. Drives held May 2015 will be counted towards the 2015-16 school year.
about achieving the benchmarks, our experienced Donor Resources Representatives are ready
to help you reach your goal! It may be as simple as adding an additional blood drive during the school year,
or adjusting the dates/times of your blood drives to accommodate donors from the community.
How To Apply:
Watch this area for the application to be posted in January 2015!
For more information on the Blood Donor Recruitment Scholarship, contact Scott Appnel, Manager of Mobile Recruitment at 800-B-A-DONOR (223-6667) or via email.