Thursday, 01 - Friday, 30 September, 2022
In honor of Blood Cancer Awareness Month, Eastern PA Down Syndrome Center has generously adopted the month of September to host Blood Drives at Miller-Keystone Blood Center’s Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, Hamilton & Reading Donor Centers!
Down syndrome or constitutional trisomy 21 (OMIN#190685) was linked to leukemia
for the first time in a case report published in 1930.1 Since then, Down syndrome
has been recognized as one of the most important leukemia-predisposing syndromes and
patients with Down syndrome and leukemia have unique clinical features and significant differences
in treatment response and toxicity profiles compared to patients without Down syndrome.
- Sponsoring Organization: Eastern PA Down Syndrome Center
- Dates: September 1 – September 30
- MKBC Allentown – Cedar Crest (1255 S. Cedar Crest Blvd, Suite 1300) | Click here to register
- MKBC Allentown – Hamilton (Five City Center, 740 Hamilton St, Suite 120) | Click here to register
- MKBC Bethlehem (1465 Valley Center Parkway) | Click here to register
- MKBC Easton (2925 William Penn Highway, Suite 105 | Click here to register
- MKBC Reading (2745A Leicz’s Bridge Road) | Click here to register
(for GPS, use: 1047 Old Bernville Road)
Be sure to include Group ID# 8903 in the “notes” section when you register!
If business or time constraints are too challenging for your organization to run an on-site bloodmobile drive,
MKBC’s Adopt-A-Day program offers partnering organizations the flexibility of enabling employees, family and friends
to host a blood drive at one of our Donor Centers and be recognized in the community!
For more information on our Adopt-A-Day program, click here!