Steps to Hosting a Blood Drive
Miller-Keystone Blood Center relies on the support from the residents of our community to ensure that the blood needs of your family, friends and neighbors are met. It is the responsibility of the Blood Center, as the sole supplier of blood products, to ensure that patients served by your community hospitals receive the blood products they need. No other blood services organization distributes blood products to our regional hospitals. However, the Blood Center can only be as successful as the support we receive from within the communities we serve.
Sponsoring a blood drive with Miller-Keystone Blood Center is easy and rewarding by supporting a life-saving cause and demonstrating your commitment to your community.
Every step of the way, a representative of our dedicated Donor Recruitment team will work with you to plan and implement your blood drive. You will also be provided the essential marketing and promotional tools to make your blood drive a success.
There are two types of blood drives – a mobile blood drive and an inside setup blood drive. The type of drive is determined by the number of expected donors, physical location, and space allocation.
Planning your own blood drive can be done in 6 simple steps:
Step 1: Contact Miller-Keystone Blood Center
- For more information on planning a blood drive,
email the donor resources department, or call:
Lehigh Valley/Bucks/New Jersey: 610-691-5850 / 800-B-A-DONOR
Berks/Montgomery/Chester/Philadelphia Counties: 610-926-6060 / 800-486-2566
Carbon/Hazleton/Schuylkill/Monroe: 570-449-5586 / 800-B-A-DONOR
Step 2: Getting Started (8 – 7 weeks prior)
- Secure date and time of drive
- Select site location (bloodmobile or inside facility)
- Meet with Miller-Keystone Blood Center Representative
- Set blood drive goals
- Form committee team
Step 3: Promote your drive & schedule donors (5 – 3 weeks prior)
- Begin publicizing your blood drive using Miller-Keystone’s marketing and promotional materials
- Distribute materials
- Assign committee tasks
- Start scheduling donors
Step 4: Final Countdown (1 – 0 weeks prior)
- Confirm location and parking arrangements
- Remind donors of their scheduled times
- Contact blood center representative with final counts
Step 5: Day of the Blood Drive
- Set-up crew meets with blood center staff upon arrival
- Provide copy of schedule to the Miller-Keystone staff
Step 6: Congratulation
- Thank donors and committee members
- Let everyone know results of blood drive
- Complete evaluation form for Miller-Keystone Blood Center
- Schedule a date for your next blood drive
For more information on hosting a blood drive at your place of business, church, school or other organization,
email our Donor Resources Department or call 800-B-A-DONOR (223-6667).