As an A Positive donor you are important to maintaining the blood supply in our community. Annually more than 120,000 units of blood, platelets, and plasma are required to meet the needs of the hospitals we serve, and your blood type is critical in saving the lives of patients in your community.
Why Your A+ Blood is Important
- 1 in 3 (35.7%) people need A+ blood.
- People with A+ blood can only receive blood from A+ blood donors, as well as O-negative (universal) donors.
Your Optimal Donation
- Automated Donation (Platelet/Plasma/Red Cell Combination as needed)
- Whole Blood
Fun Facts About A+ Blood
- If both the parents have blood type A, then children can have A or O blood type.
- Personality Characteristics – Some Asian countries, like Japan & South Korea, put importance on a person’s blood type. They believe that blood types are connected with a person’s traits & personality.
– Presence of mind, serious, patient, calm & cool.
– Coherent character, can be relied on & trusted, but stubborn.
– Plan everything out beforehand, and carry out tasks with seriousness and consistency.
– Try to be fair and find the ideal outcome to any situation.
– Tend to keep themselves separate from others, especially those who don’t share their opinions.
– Tend to try and keep their emotions and thoughts hidden from others, and share them only when comfortable.
- Famous Type A personalities: Britney Spears, Jet Li or George Bush Senior.