High School Video Contest
Deadline Extended to March 15, 2017!
Win a $1,000 College Scholarship
Create a Video – WIN $1,000 College Scholarship!
Create a video promoting the need for younger generations to donate blood with Miller-Keystone Blood Center and you can win a $1,000 College Scholarship.
What’s in it for Me?
- Winner receives a $1,000 scholarship award.
- Community involvement looks great on college applications.
- Your video will be viewed by thousands of people on our website, YouTube and other social media networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- You are helping to save lives in your community.
- You are educating your peers by creating awareness for the need to donate blood.
- Theme of the video should revolve around one of the following topics:
- Getting Younger Generations to Donate Blood
- Why the need for blood is important
- Who needs blood donations
- End of video should have the following:
- Contest committee will select the top video entries.
- Video’s will run on YouTube and Facebook from March 20, 2017 – April 20, 2017.
- Video with the highest number of LIKES will win a $1,000 scholarship.
- Video entries must be submitted in .WMV or .mp4 format.
- We recommend your video be no more than 60 seconds in length.
- Your video can be serious, educational, fun, light-hearted. Most importantly you want to grab someone’s attention.
- Entries must be received by March 15, 2017.
- Student(s) / video creator(s) applying for the scholarship award must be completing their Senior year of high school.
- Any individual(s) appearing in the video must sign a waiver (click here for waiver). Individuals under the age of 18 will also require parental consent.
- The video creator and co-creators, who will be eligible for the scholarship award, are required to sign a waiver (click here for waiver). Individuals under the age of 18 will also require parental consent.
- The use of professional,/copyrighted photography, video or audio is prohibited without signed consent of the original creator.
- All entries become the property of MKBC, and can be used in future marketing promotions.
- All photos or video of a blood drive or individual donating used in the video MUST BE FROM A MKBC BLOOD CENTER OR DRIVE. Videos which fail to meet this requirement will not be eligible for the scholarship contest.
- Any videos that have any misspellings, incorrect information, or errors of any kind will not be eligible for the scholarship contest.
Video entries and all consent forms should be submitted to: Michael McShane, Director of Recruitment, Development & Marketing, Miller-Keystone Blood Center, 1465 Valley Center Parkway, Bethlehem, PA 18017
For your reference…
For more information and any questions on our video contest, contact Michael McShane, Director of Recruitment, Development & Marketing, at 800-B-A-DONOR (223-6667) or via email.