Monday, 08 - Saturday, 20 February, 2021
Our Shelves Are Bare!
Let’s Fill The Fridge
We’ve been on critical appeal for a couple of weeks, however, the response has been frighteningly low. As of February 4, we don’t have enough blood to send to our local hospitals. Our blood supply is nearly extinguished.
– We need 450 units of blood a day to supply our hospitals – we currently have an average of only 121 scheduled per day.
– Just one trauma victim needs about 100 units of type specific blood – we currently do not have that much of ANY type.
– The Reality: If you needed B Neg blood – we only have 8 units on the shelf. O Neg 28, B Pos 26, AB Neg 6, A Neg 16 and the list goes on!
– Every single blood type is at Emergency Status.
The blood we need is here in our community and once donated, stays in our community. By tomorrow we will likely have nothing left on our shelves. The missing piece is YOU and that’s why we need your help ASAP!
All registered donors will receive a “Swag Bag” (while supplies last!) Bags include cards from Chick-fil A Broadcasting Square, Redner’s Markets and Dunkin Donuts! The names of all donors will also be entered into a raffle for a $50 Visa Gift Card!
- Date: Monday, February 8 through Saturday, February 20
Location: MKBC Reading Donor Center, 2745A Leicz’s Bridge Road, Reading (for GPS, use: 1047 Old Bernville Road, Reading) Snack bags compliments of Unique Pretzels.
Be sure to include Group ID# 8681 in the “notes” section when you register!
Thank you to Unique Pretzel for donating snack packs for this promotion!
CLICK HERE TO DONATE!
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
If business or time constraints are too challenging for your organization to run an on-site bloodmobile drive,
MKBC’s Adopt-A-Day program offers partnering organizations the flexibility of enabling employees, family and friends
to host a blood drive at one of our Donor Centers and be recognized in the community!
For more information on our Adopt-A-Day program, click here!