Tuesday, 20 - Saturday, 31 December, 2022
Jayden is currently a patient at one of our regional hospitals. He is 15-years-old and was diagnosed with leukemia last week. With an extremely low platelet count, currently at 10, he has received multiple platelet transfusions and may possibly require more. The family is asking all eligible platelet and blood donors to schedule an appointment in Jayden’s name.
- Sponsor: In Honor of Jayden Escalera
- Dates: Now through Dec. 31
- MKBC Allentown: 1255 S. Cedar Crest Blvd, Suite 1300 | click here to schedule your appointment
- MKBC Bethlehem: 1465 Valley Center Parkway | click here to schedule your appointment
- MKBC Easton: 2925 William Penn Highway, Suite 105 | click here to schedule your appointment
- MKBC Hamilton: Five City Center, 740 Hamilton St, Suite 120 | click here to schedule your appointment
Be sure to include Group ID# E073 in the “notes” section when you register!
What are Platelets and why are they important?
Platelets are a component of blood that help control bleeding and bruising.
They are very important for heart surgery patients, burn victims,
premature babies, and especially cancer patients.
Platelets have the shortest shelf life of all blood components,
lasting only 7 days after donation. That means they are in
constant demand for life-saving treatments.